Electrical defibrillation is used for treatment of cardiac arrest, the most important determinant of survival being the time from collapse to delivery of the first shock. Today the widespread deployment of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) is considered a realistic strategy for reducing death rates due to heart disease
Whilst AEDs are becoming increasingly available in public places and are designed for anyone to use, speed and efficiency in their deployment can be greatly improved with training. This could be the difference between life and death. We include basic defibrillator awareness and training on all our courses – practical training allows students to have a better understanding and more ‘hands on’ experience with the AED.
However, we can also offer more in depth cpr and defibrillator courses at your own premises.
We have a choice of course to suit you:
- A one day regulated qualification in CPR and AED. The ITC Level 2 Award in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation (6+ hours).
- A shorter introductory and refresher training session – 3+ hours
- Awareness training alongside other first aid qualifications (e.g. Emergency/First Aid at Work)- standard
- First aiders or anyone who is likely to have access to an AED in their workplace or a public place.
- Companies who already have an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) on their premises and want refresher training or training for new staff.
- Companies who wish to take the initiative to have an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) on their premises and realise the benefits for the welfare of staff as well as customers.
For information about courses and to discuss your needs please contact us.