Course: Forest School First Aid (ITC), 16 hours (2 days)
This tailored ITC course has been designed with the help of ‘Archimedes Training‘ the key Forest Schools national training organisation in England. The course content and context is totally integrated with the Forest School ethos and rationale. It should be the course of choice for the Forest School practitioner.
This 16 hour course covers the emergency first aid and incident management topics covered on our Outdoor First Aid (Emergency Incident Management) course but looks at first aid on young children as well as adults. There is also an emphasis on things like camp fires, use of hand tools, children’s play. Part of Day 2 is spent doing first aid scenarios out of doors, so bring appropriate outdoor clothing.
To be accredited to deliver this course, fully qualified current ITC Providers undergo additional training (ethos, rationale, risk assessment, in-house procedures, knowledge of Forest School) to appear on the Forest School First Aid Provider register maintained jointly by ITC and Archimedes Training.
As this course does not cover infants it is not a paediatric course. If you need a Paediatric first aid qualification we can also offer a 12 hour ITC Paediatric First Aid course which is on the RQF or a bespoke Outdoor Paediatric First Aid course (16 hours) with certification from ITC First. It is also possible to run a 16 hour combined Paediatric and Forest School First Aid course with dual certification for only a slight extra cost.
- Forest School practitioners, parents, helpers
- Conservation group leaders e.g. countryside rangers, volunteer leaders, education and learning officers, Wildlife Watch group leaders, nature club helpers…
- anyone delivering outdoor learning and play for children (or adults).
As this is a 16 hour assessed course with a large outdoor element it also satisfies the needs of many NGB Outdoor Instructor awards and would be particularly suitable for leaders delivering bush craft and camp craft, Scout leaders or teachers supervising D of E expeditions or school camps.
Course duration: 2 days (16 hours)
- Individual: £120
- Group bookings – from £500 for 4 – 6 people, £800 for up to 12, £1500 for up to 24 people, dependent upon location – Please contact us.
Assessment and certification
- The ITC Forest School First Aid course is a nationally recognised course. Certificates are from ITC First and valid for three years.
- Certification is dependent upon successful continuous assessment on the course; there is no final examination.