First Aid for Schools & Colleges
The Education and Care sectors look after a diversity of students, residents, staff and visitors. The sectors all have a first aid training need in order to help fulfill the duty of care requirement that looking after others entails.
In the School or College environment diverse first aid training requirements can be met by the following ITC qualifications:
- Emergency First Aid at Work (1-day EFAW) or First Aid at Work (3-day FAW) to meet HSE regulations for all employees. EFAW can be delivered during an INSET event.
- Emergency First Aid (1-day) is a tailored course for the whole staff covering basic life support and other content required by the establishment. The content for this course can be tailored whereas the content for the EFAW cannot be adjusted. Could be suitable for the ‘Appointed Person’; again can be delivered during an INSET event.
- ITC Sport First Aid (1 or 2 day) for those working with sports teams. This course deals with the common sports injuries and decisions that have to be made by the team coach. Can be delivered to the PE department during an INSET event for instance.
- SQA Certificate in First Aid for Sport, Exercise & Fitness This is a 1-day (8-hours) qualification. It includes essential emergency first aid and sports injury and incident management. This qualification indicates an individual can undertake the role of Emergency First Aider in the Sport or Leisure setting.
- ITC Certificate in Outdoor First Aid (16 hours) keeps National Governing Body Instructor Awards valid and would be useful for the Duke of Edinburgh team or those organising residential field trips.
- Tailor made basic or emergency first aid courses of any length can also be run for school or college students; maybe those involved in Duke of Edinburgh expeditions or outdoor sporting events; or as part of a curriculum enhancement or personal development programme.
- We can also offer extra training such as epipen, anaphylaxis and asthma training and CPR/AED
First Aid training in this sector has a regulatory requirement.
- ITC Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid
6+hours. Essential life-saving first aid for the baby and child care sector.
- ITC Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
12+hours. Satisfies Ofsted requirements and meets Early Years Foundation Stage practice guidance and statutory guidelines.
We can also offer:
- Paediatric Outdoor First Aid courses (16 hours)
- Forest School First Aid courses (16 hours)
- one day Outdoor or Forest School top up for staff who already hold an Emergency First Aid qualification