Course: Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW), 6 hours
The EFAW course is a lifesaver course, teaching the necessary emergency first aid skills to keep someone alive until the emergency services arrive, ideal training for the First Aider in a low hazard workplace.
- low hazard businesses such as shops, offices, call centres and hotels
- organisations where there are low numbers of employees.
Course duration: 1 day (6 hours)
- Open course: £65 per person
- Group bookings: (typically £300-£500 depending upon numbers and location)
Please contact us for a quote.
Assessment and certification
- Certification is dependent upon successful continuous assessment on the course.
- Those candidates who complete the course and reach the required standard will receive the award.
- Certification is from ITC First and is valid for three years.
- Full title of qualification: ITC Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF)
- The HSE strongly recommend you undergo a 3 hour Basic Skills Refresher annually.
Course Content: Emergency First Aid at Work
- Vital Signs – breathing, level of consciousness, temperature, colour
- Incident Management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents
- Airway Management – causes and treatment of unconscious collapse
- Breathing Problems – choking
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Use of AEDs
- Circulation Problems – external bleeding and treatment for shock
- Minor Injuries – small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters
- Safe best practice – minimise the risk of infection
- Record keeping – recording accidents, RIDDOR, First Aid kits
- Defibrillation awareness and use of AEDs
- Interactive hands on practical training
- Professional trainer(s)
- One CPR training manikin to two participants
- Comprehensive and easy to follow manual
- An accredited and recognised certificate valid for 3 years
- Completion of another Emergency First Aid at Work course after 3 years