Course: Forest School First Aid (ITC), 16 hours (2 days)
The requirements for Forest School first aid can be met by completing the ITC L3 Award in Outdoor First Aid (RQF) but many groups prefer a more bespoke course.
This tailored ITC course was originally designed with the help of ‘Archimedes Training‘ the key Forest Schools national training organisation in England. The course content and context is totally integrated with the Forest School ethos and rationale. It should be the course of choice for the Forest School practitioner.
This 16 hour course covers the emergency first aid and incident management topics covered on our other Outdoor First Aid courses but focuses on first aid on young children as well as adults. There is also an emphasis on things like camp fires, use of hand tools, children’s play. Part of Day 2 is spent doing first aid scenarios out of doors, so bring appropriate outdoor clothing.
To be accredited to deliver this course, fully qualified current ITC Providers undergo additional training (ethos, rationale, risk assessment, in-house procedures, knowledge of Forest School) to appear on the Forest School First Aid Provider register maintained by ITC First.
Although a paediatric course because we deal with young children we do not normally cover infants on open courses but it depends on the mix of people on the course. If you are a group we can include infant/ child/ adult training according to your needs. For a L3 Paediatric first aid qualification extra infant content and assessments need to be covered.
As well as the ITC Forest School First Aid qualification we we can also offer a 12 hour ITC L3 Award in Paediatric First Aid course which is on the RQF or a bespoke Outdoor Paediatric First Aid course (16 hours) with certification from ITC First. It is also possible to run a 16 hour combined Paediatric and Forest School First Aid course with dual certification for only a slight extra cost.
- Forest School practitioners, parents, helpers
- Conservation group leaders e.g. countryside rangers, volunteer leaders, education and learning officers, Wildlife Watch group leaders, nature club helpers…
- anyone delivering outdoor learning and play for children (or adults).
As this is a 16 hour assessed course with a large outdoor element it also satisfies the needs of many NGB Outdoor Instructor awards and would be particularly suitable for leaders delivering bush craft and camp craft, Scout leaders or teachers supervising D of E expeditions or school camps.
Course duration: 2 days (16 hours excluding breaks)
- Individual: £125
- Group bookings – from £560 for 4 – 6 people, £900 for up to 12, £1600 for up to 24 people, dependent upon location – Please contact us.
Assessment and certification
- The ITC Forest School First Aid course is a nationally recognised course. Certificates are from ITC First and valid for three years.
- Certification is dependent upon successful continuous assessment on the course; there is no final examination.