The outdoor environment nearly always means that casualties have to be looked after for longer than in urban settings. Factors such as weather and terrain also have to be considered. All of our outdoor first aid courses look at how to manage the situation in rural and remote settings when it may be more than 30 minutes before help arrives.
We have a choice of outdoor first aid course to suit your needs – all the 16 hour courses are suitable for validating NGB Outdoor Instructor awards. We can adapt the content to your own outdoor activity/ pursuit.
- ITC Certificate in Outdoor First Aid (at SCQF level 6), (16 hours) – This is the course of choice for many experienced outdoor practitioners. Regulated by SQA Accreditation, an Emergency First Aid at Work qualification can also be gained from this course. Forestry Plus can also be added.
- ITC Level 3 Award in Outdoor First Aid (RQF), (16 hours) – This course is regulated by Ofqual. It also meets the standards of the IOL for good practice in Outdoor First Aid training at Band 3.
- ITC Outdoor First Aid Incident Management, (16 hours) – This course is designed for anyone who works or plays in the outdoors and is more flexible in content than the above.
- ITC Outdoor First Aid Emergency Action, (8 hours) – A one day course covering basic life support in the outdoor setting.
- ITC Forest School First Aid, (16 hours) – This tailored outdoor course focusses on both young children and adults in a Forest School setting.