Course: First Aid at Work Requalification (FAWR), 12 hours
The two day ITC First Aid at Work Requalification course allows First Aid at Work qualified staff to re-validate their certificate for a further 3 years. Employees must have a valid first aid at work certificate *.
- Attendees with a current First Aid at Work certificate *
* If details of this FAW certificate cannot be shown, NO FAWR certificate will be issued.
Note: The FAWR can be taken up to 3 months before date of expiry of existing FAW qualification but no more than 28 days past expiry.
Course duration: 2 days (2 x 6 hours)
We can run courses for groups at your own venue – please contact us.
Assessment and certification
- Assessment is continual by the trainer/ assessor and there is a multiple choice question paper at the end of each day.
- Certification is from ITC First and certificates are valid for three years.
- To receive FAWR certification candidates must reach the required standards
- The HSE also strongly recommends that first aiders attend an annual Basic Skills Refresher course (3 hours).
FAW Requalification training covers the topics of the full (3 day) FAW course.
Course Content: First Aid at Work Requalification
- Safe best practice – minimise the risk of infection.
- Record keeping – recording accidents, RIDDOR, First Aid kits, disposing safely of clinical waste.
- Awareness of current regulations
- Vital Signs – breathing, level of consciousness, temperature, colour.
- Incident Management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents and assessing casualties.
- Airway Management – causes and treatment of unconscious collapse.
- Breathing Problems– choking.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) & use of AEDs
- Circulation Problems –bleeding and shock.
- Burns and scalds
- Common illnesses
- Interactive hands on training
- Professional trainer(s)
- One CPR training manikin to two participants
- Comprehensive and easy to follow manual
- An accredited and recognised certificate valid for 3 years